START DATE: Friday, December 4, 2020
END DATE: Friday, December 18, 2020
TIME: 2:00 pm - 2:00 pm
REGION: Fort Steele, BC
ORGANIZATION: Clear Sky Meditation Center
EVENT TYPE: Meditation Class
TEACHER: Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat
Explore the dimensions of inner space. This meditation retreat offers a rare opportunity to engage with the 16 Buddha Body Practice.
Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
Getting tired of the routine of daily life? Journey to new lands of the mind.
Using self-arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of inner space. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
Completion of one million Chenrezi mantras is required preparation. For those who have completed that previously, please also complete 100,000 Vajrasattva mantras.
Heritage of the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice
This meditation practice is originally from Tibet, though it was taught to our Teacher, Namgyal Rinpoche, in Thailand, by a Theravadan monk. The northern schools of Thai buddhism share much with the Tibetan tradition, being linked through students of Milarepa.
As far as information is available, there is only one temple, Wat Pak Nam in Thailand, that taught this system, and that was some years ago.
Why Undertake the Sixteen Buddha Body Practice?
This retreat is for people who are tired of functioning in the world and want to experience something else.
Using self arising symbology as deepening layers of penetration to open greater and greater mind space doors to journey the far reaches of inner space. This practice is a door to past and future lifetimes.
What’s Expected of Me if I Come to This Retreat?
- A strong foundation of parami and a willingness to see other dimensions, drug free.
- Due to the intensive nature of this practice, we require participants to not currently be taking prescription medication or recreational drugs.
- The more extensive meditation experience you’ve had the better. This is not a beginner’s practice (we suggest the Sixteen Stages of Insight Retreat for newer practitioners).
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing.
- To maximize your depth of practice, we ask that you refrain from reading, using the internet, phone or listening to music during the course.
- Lastly, our teaching and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. Please learn more about this profound practice before you register.
SOME CITIES CLOSE BY:ADDRESS:
Cockell Road British Columbia V0B Canada.