- This meditation retreat consists of many hours of consecutive practice each day. Therefore some experience, especially with insight meditation, is highly recommended.
- NOTE: If this is your first two-week retreat, advance permission from the teachers is required.
- An open mind and heart, and a spirit of adventure are excellent things to bring!
- It’s human to have some apprehensions about doing something new, meeting new people, or going to a new place. Particularly when all three happen together. We try to make this as supportive as possible.
- This is a silent retreat. To deepen your meditation, we ask that participants refrain from reading, using the internet, phone or listening to music during the course.
- Exceptions are three texts we’ll be using during this course.
The text for this retreat is Namgyal Rinpoche’s Breath of Awakening, a commentary on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. We recommend you read this short pithy text before the retreat.
This is a silent retreat, with the exception that you may read and use any and all of these precious texts. They’re available in the Clear Sky shop or by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If ordering on your own, we recommend you do so well in advance, as delivery times vary.
Participate Online, or In Person
ONLINE: This retreat can be taken online for international participants who cannot travel due to Covid-19. Register here for ONLINE participation.
IN-PERSON: Participants can also do the retreat at our home retreat centre, Clear Sky, a 21st-century model for innovative awakening, situated in the beautiful B.C. Rocky Mountains. Register here for IN-PERSON participation.
Located in the BC rocky mountains, Clear Sky offers over 300-acres to deepen your practice and reconnect with nature. Founded by Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat, the centre is home to students from around the globe who are dedicated to co-creating a supportive and innovative space for awakening in our modern world.
How to get there, what to bring and other FAQ about Clear Sky
Our teachings and Clear Sky operate based on the ancient tradition of dāna or generosity. As generosity is the basis upon which all spiritual practice flourishes, we recommend that you learn more about this profound practice before you register.