The Four Foundations
A One-Day Retreat
- Date: January 25, 2020
- Time: 9 am to 5 pm
- Place: The Friends’ Meeting House at the corner of 19th and Sheridan Streets
- Bring any cushions or other meditation supports. Chairs will be provided.
- Bring your lunch. Tea will be provided.
- A suggested donation of $20 will help to pay for the space and teacher expenses. However, all are welcome regardless of donation. A separate dana basket will be provided for the teacher.
- Write us here if you wish more information.
- A registration form is here. https://www.ptsangha.org/port-townsend-sangha-november-dom-registration-form/
This one-day retreat will include Dharma talks, sitting and walking meditation, lunch and time for small group discussions.
Steve will offer teachings on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, the Buddha’s core teachings on mindfulness practice.
The Buddha’s Four Foundations of Mindfulness guide us with consummate skill in the practice of mindfulness and in particular how to transform seeming obstacles into doorways of awakening.
Often it appears that the thoughts, feelings, discomforts and yearnings that emerge during practice are regrettable problems – as something wrong. But in fact they’re just what is happening due to our own causes and conditions, as natural as a dog barking outside or a cloud passing in the sky. The more deeply we realize this the more we’ll live in equanimity amidst life’s changing conditions.