In 2016 we:
- Published four issues of “Northwest Dharma News.”
- Maintained our online directory of Buddhist groups, and calendar of events
- Facilitated a gathering of Buddhist teachers in Vancouver, B.C.
- Celebrated Vesakha (Buddha day) with Thai, Vietnamese, and Tibetan Buddhists, hosted by Chua Duoc Su in South Seattle.
- Partnered with Wise Caregiving to offer two day-long workshops for professional and family caregivers, hosted by the Seattle Betsuin Temple.
- Began laying the groundwork for our Inclusive Communities program, to bring together groups and individuals from every Buddhist tradition and culture.
In 2017 we will:
- Sponsor Inclusive Communities dialogues
- Offer several Contemplative Caregiving workshops
- Sponsor the Buddhist Recovery Summit, bringing together leading teachers of the Buddhist Recovery movement
- Build our capacity to serve the regional community
- In 2016, we spent $4,283 more than we received in donations.
- We are currently writing grant proposals to expand our programs and events.
- But NWDA has always depended on member contributions from groups and individuals.
- NWDA members now have the ability to direct their donations to specific programs.