The Northwest Dharma Association is organizing the 2017 Buddhist Recvoery Summit in conjunction with the Buddhist Recovery Network. The summit will be held at Gwinwood Retreat Center in Lacey, Washington on the weekend of October 20-22, 2017.
The summit is designed as a gathering of leaders engaged in the BR movement. Space is quite limited, so it is important to confirm your interest in attending as soon as possible. Formal registration will begin in January 2017.
The questions we will be exploring include:
- What are the defining characteristics of Buddhist recovery?
- How does Buddhist recovery intersect with the Twelve-Step model?
- What are the pros and cons of facilitated and peer-led recovery groups?
- How do we strengthen national and international networks (BRN)?
- What does sponsorship or mentorship look like in the movement?
We are gathering as peers to discuss the current climate of Buddhist Recovery and its future and to share our experience, strength, and hope.
We are raising the funds to underwrite the event through a crowdfunding campaign.
Please check back for reservation forms and more detailed program information.
In the meantime, if you would like more information, please email us.